The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic surgery recently released statistic numbers for cosmetic surgeries done in 2015. We know what some of you may be thinking, why a dermatologist would be focusing on cosmetic surgeries. To your surprise, many board-certified dermatologists are able to do cosmetic procedures like fat reduction, facial fillers, skin resurfacing, cellulite reduction, etc. – and Kahn Dermatology physicians are among them.
Here are some of the cosmetic procedures we offer here, note these procedures are minimally and non-invasive treatments making for a quick recovery and little to no downtime!
Tattoo Removal: 39% increase, check out our blog post on how to avoid having any tattoo trauma. No one has to live with the mistakes or mishaps of the past through their tattoos any longer.
Injectables: 21% increase, our offices currently carry the following list of injectables:
· Restylane Silk
· Restylane Lyft
The use of non-surgical procedures has increased 44% from last year, our more advanced non-surgical procedures include:
- Fat Reduction: CoolSculpting - We recently blogged all about CoolSculpting and the newest additions to its line.
- Laser Hair Removal: miraSmooth
- Sweat Reduction: miraDry – Read more about it here.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Laser Genesis - Eliminates redness, scarring, uneven skin tone, large pores and fine lines and wrinkles. It enlists heat to penetrate the surface of the skin creating new collagen.
- Laser skin tightening also known as a “non-surgical face-lift”
We are excited to announce that we have added three new procedures to our list of cosmetic services.
- Cellfina – Say goodbye to cellulite! Cellfina is on the only FDA-cleared minimally invasive procedure to improve the appearance of cellulite on the buttocks and thighs. The results last for at least two years, the longest FDA clearance for a cellulite treatment. There is a 96% patient satisfaction at the two year mark.
- Collagen P.I.N: A minimally invasive treatment that targets the dermal and epidermal junction in the skin. The treatment removes skin imperfections and promotes collagen and elastin growth. Specifically it treats: Scars: C-section, burns, acne and surgical scars, stretch marks, dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles and hair loss. Patients typically need 3-6 treatments, severe cases may need 6 or more. There is a quick and successful healing process.
Selphyl: Uses platelets extracted from your blood to stimulate the body's natural collagen production. It works to treat: acne scarring, cellulite, hair loss, and skin rejuvenation. Patients usually need up to 3 treatments. There is no risk of an allergic reaction because no foreign substances are used. Results can be seen a few weeks after the first treatment, and can last approximately 12-15 months.
Kahn Dermatology always looks to provide our patients with the most in-demand and effective medical and cosmetic treatments. All procedures are conveniently done in our well-equipped offices, making it comfortable and convenient for you.